|NEW game to play- “Love, Nigerian scammer style”|
|We all get them~ you know the ones- there a few variations:
Check www.snopes.com to find others~
They all want you to send money imposing as someone you know ~! [ hack a friends email contact list & write you from your friends hacked addy to initiate contact] They always want you to send money via Western Union [as it is irretrievable once sent] which can be picked up virtually anywhere as long as they have a name and confirmation number.
Here are some that were dedicated to the ones looking for love
“LOVE , Nigerian Scammer Style” is alot of FUN!!!RULES ARE SIMPLE:
1. Answer their letter with passion. Make everything seem believable, but NEVER TELL THEM THE TRUTH…mixing a little fact or fiction is ok, but keep track of your letter for reference and try to keep the chain of responses on one thread.
2. NEVER answer them on yahoo.. NO IM’ING- make them stay IN EMAILS, so you can keep a running record of the emails..[may be able to forward to cops]
3. NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR REAL NAME or address etc. Tell them the one you have on myspace is fake so you can protect yourself.
Become somebody ‘rich, dumb and generous’ [they love it] Be risque with them- tell them outrageous things [most of them are functionally illiterate and it will go over their heads]
4. Research on line, any city country and use some of that info to pretend you are at that location and writing to them from there…( I am currently vacationing in Capetown SA, surfing with sharks and bungy jumping, eating crocodile!]
5. Profess your undying love, BUT you are having another internet suitor come stay with you and doing all sorts of things together.. Sound dumb ” like oh, he lost all his luggage at the airport so I BOUGHT HIM A WHOLE NEW WARDROBE'”….
6. MAKE IT SEEM like you are spending all sorts of money on the other internet suitor but that you LOVE HIM and wish he were there with you instead…
7. PLAY THEM as much as your imagination will allow you to and you will have some of the biggest laughs in your life……
8. Give them false ALOT OF information but name real places [away from you] give them a STUPID MADE UP NAME TO CALL YOU BY and tell them to call you at such and such a place and ask for you….BUT give them a real phone number ,like of a famous hotel or restaurant and give them a time to call you AT A SPECIFIC TIME…
If they actually do and write you that you didnt answer, apologize and give the dumbest excuse you can imagine….
Beg them for their telephone number..[but dont ever really call them, just email them that their phone isnt working..]They will then apologize to you!
9.The more you frustrate them with outrageous stories, the more fun you will have…I pretend to be like a dumb but wealthy black widow that goes sky diving and offer to take them jumping etc… they say they like outdoor sports so I play them that way, you can make you own way]
10. Post the entire thread in your blog or bulletins and give everyone else a big laugh too…..
Pre-empt their questioning you about your profile by telling them it is fake..They will understand that since theirs are always fake….
I am currently playing with 4 scammers at the same time. I use the same letters for each and just make subtle changes… it is like a class on creative writing.. I have researched Capetown SA and all its restaurants beaches and tours and so I am learning while I am playing ” Love Nigerian Scammer style“…
If enough people actually do this, imagine what it will do to their scam? Seriously many people fall prey to these crooks and if we get smart and play them back, they may eventually slow down or stop, but by playing this game and telling all your friends to do so as well, we can also educate people from falling for the scams…Have a great Memorial Day weekend…
Repost this game if you want to help stop the scammers!!!!
New on MySpace: join new group : Love Nigerian Scammer Style: read results of playing the game and add your own results! Great resource for what to say when you are all out of words for your Nigerian scam artist….the Group is called : Nigerian Scammer love lines and the url is :http://groups.myspace.com/lovenigerianscammerstyle